July 29, 2012

DVS met Haladi Srinivas Shetty;failed to convince him

Kundapur: Former CM D.V.Sadanada Gowda visited Haladi Srinivas Shetty’s residence on Saturday and tried to convince him to reconsider his decision of resigning from the BJP party membership. In a secret meeting with Haladi Srinivas Shetty which lasted for more than 2 hours,Sadananda Gowda who was accompanied by Udupi MLA Raghupathi Bhat,failed in his attempt to convince Haladi Srinivas Shetty.

Haladi Srinivas Shetty has already resigned from his MLA seat after a last moment refusal of Ministerial berth for him in the newly formed Karnataka cabinet. “I have not decieded yet about my next step. But my decision is final and I will not change it” he said.


In its all attempts so far,the BJP has failed to convince Haladi Srinivas Shetty. After finishing his meeting,Sadananda Gowda said it is only a friendly meeting. As a former BJP state president,former CM and former MP,it is my duty to meet Srinivas Shetty as a friend. I called him through telephone but I wanted to meet him personally. That is why I am here he said. He did not spoke about leaving the party. There are some differences,but possibilities are there to resolve the matter with more meetings he said. - KT

Recent News